Entries must be products or product ideas which “lead to a better lifestyle, improve the manufacturing methods and balance city life with nature”
Competition: Goldreed Industrial Design Award (GIDA), by Xiongan Future Industrial Design Institute
Open for: professional designers, design teams, design studios, companies, universities and institutes from all countries and all creative fields
Entries (only digital):
* modern products which have been on the market for no more than 2 years;
* concepts: design ideas which were not published, sold or produced in the market, with significant innovation in functions, structure, form, technology, materials, and low carbon impact.
The total award pool of 4,300,000 RMB (about 560,000 €) will be divided as follows:
* Best of the Best: 1,000,000 RMB
* Gold award (5 winners): 500,000 RMB each,
* Future Star Award (2 winners): 150,000 RMB each
* Good Design Award (25 winners): 20,000 RMB each
* Nominations Award: 200 nominations.
The winners and their works will be presented in mainstream media all over the world and in virtual and real exhibitions.
Categories for entries:
* transportation means,
* manufacturing equipment,
* information processing,
* home life / consumer goods,
* sports and healthcare,
* public facilities / city life,
* culture & creativity,
* communication design.
Deadline for submissions: June 30, 2020. No admission charge.
Concept: The GIDA Award was created to discover the future design, inspire future lifestyles and empower future cities by exploring the Chinese concept of “harmony”, exchanging good design, towards a smart and sustainable development. Its mission is to “lead to a better lifestyle, improv the manufacturing methods, and balance city life with nature.”
(25.05.2020, USA: 05.25.2020)