* New: Comic and Cartoon artists between 18 and 28 years old can picture their visions of what a gender equal generation may look like. United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, also known as UN Women, bestow three awards (€ 1200, € 750, € 500). Deadline for entries is March 14, 2021. No entrance fee.
* New, Visual artists are invited to apply for the 7th residency in Champboisé, Quebec, Canada, from September 12, 2021, to September 19, 2021. The organizer, Traces Arts Visuels, offers free accommodation in a small house without electricity or water in the countryside close to the Rivière du Lièvre in the Municipalité de l‘Ange-Gardien. A central building has restrooms and showers (French). Deadline is March 31, 2021.
* Three artists (and partners) with young children from the Arab World are invited to spend a month-long residency in Mophradat’s new Thens venue. The format will allow for shared childcare and affordable working space and time to the residents, all within a safe social environment, with resources, time, skills, and stories made common. The invitation is part of the two-year program “Private Retreats and Public Summons“ that uses different formats including collective retreats, thematic residencies, seminars, workshops, festivals, and more. The overarching theme for 2021 is “mother.“ Deadline for applications is March 25, 2021. Mophradat is an international non-profit association registered in Belgium since 2004, with focus on the Arab World.
* Swiss arts council ProHelvetia invites artists and cultural practitioners from Switzerland for 3-month-residencies in 2022 in the Arab region, and vice versa from the Arab region (Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates) for residencies in Switzerland. Application in English, French or German is open until March 10, 2021, for creatives from the fields of visual arts, design, and interactive media, music, literature, and performing arts, as well as practitioners with a transdisciplinary focus. Pro Helvetia offers accommodation, travel costs, a daily allowance, professional supervision, a workplace, and a contribution to production/material costs.
* Artists or other arts practitioners from or living in the Arab world, or with topics be relevant to the region, may apply for the Mophradat “Self organizations“ program until March 21, 2021. The aim is to “provoke inventive ways of working and collaborating,“ as said on the webpage. “The program offers support to projects where different arts practitioners take the initiative and join forces to define a mutual resource or interest that’s important for their work, and propose how to share or develop it.“ Categories are: Informal Co-ops (maximum budget of US$6,000), Private Audiences (US$1,000), Topical Assemblies (US$1,500), Your Ideas (US$4,000). Mophradat is an international non-profit association registered in Belgium since 2004, with focus on the Arab World. The Self-Organizations-program is supported by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
* Artists under 35 and curators of all ages may apply for the Young Yan Artists Residence Program in Yan Garden in Dongguan, China. Several periods may be chosen. Participants are expected to complete and present the results of their works during the stay.