What: 22nd International Prokonessos Sculpture Symposium
Where: Marmara island Saraylar region, Turkey
Who: Six sculptors from around the world will be invited to realize their works of art at the Prokonessos Sculpture Symposium during a one-month time span. One entry per person will be considered
* A total of 25.000 TL (1250 €) will be paid for each artist who completes the work in the given space and time;
* a purse of 2000 TL (approx. 125 Euro) will be paid toward travel expenses to artists from abroad. 1500 TL (approx. 95 Euro) for Turkish participants;
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and accommodation will be provided;
* Artists will be provided with a block of stone approx. 3 m3. The artist must specify the marble that is needed to create the work and, if present, the base scale and the equipment needed for the installation in the application file;
* The works will be the property – including intellectual ownership – of Marmara Adalar Municipality; They will be placed in the sculpture park of the Marmara Island open-air museum by the Marmara Adalar Municipality and in places determined by the Symposium Committee and Marmara Adalar Municipality;
* Participants must bring their own tools;
* 220V outlet, extension cord, crane, hilt, and compressor will be provided.
Theme of the Symposium: Marmara island cultural values Functional sculptures related to the city are requested. Selected sculptures will be placed in the open air museum of Marmara island.
Application deadline: July 08, 2022, 00.00 hours.
Applications must include (not exceeding 1.5 MB in total):
* Application form. Download: (English, Turkish)
Dear readers, if you have a problem with the download, please do not contact us. Sorry, we cannot solve your computer or internet problems. Instead, please use your neighbors’ or friends’ devices for the download.
* A resume with a photo in English or Turkish, not exceeding 250 words, in which the artist describes the 10 most important events he attended.
* Visual document in .jpeg format, introducing the five works performed by the artist.
* The drawing of the work that the artist will perform at the symposium from different angles, model photographs, montage scheme, and any additional materials to be used in the sculpture. A brief description of the work in English or in Turkish may be included in the file.
* Only applications made by e-mail will be accepted.