Walker Zanger honored in 4 categories / Grassi Pietre from Italy received an Award of Merit for a winery in Italy
The winners of the 2015 Pinnacle Awards were announced at the MIA Awards Luncheon at TISE 2016 trade fair in Las Vegas, NV. For the 8th year, a Grande Pinnacle Award was presented to the best overall project. It was given to Walker Zanger (Perth Amboy, NJ), for their work on the Park Hyatt Hotel, New York. The architectural firm involved with the project, Yabu Pushelberg, was also honored.
The Park Hyatt New York project includes an exotic and eclectic mix of stone, including Bianco Piove marble from China, Italian Grigio Fantastico marble, and back-lit Persian White Onyx.
Over three years, no less than 15 trips by the design team, the developer, and the stone supplier were made to Italy and China to select the very best in materials and to ensure that the production of the stone exceeded all of the client’s expectations. The Pinnacle Award judges commented that „the elegant mix of a wide range of stone provides a well-balanced and harmonious interior.” They called the project „impressive in scope and detail” and also hailed the exquisite material selection and creative layout.
The Marble Institute of America’s (MIA’s) Pinnacle Awards are bestowed on a yearly basis to distinguish members of the organization locally and abroad. Apart from the Grande-category, the 2015 winners are:
Pinnacle Awards of Excellence
* Residential Interior/Exterior: Walker Zanger, Perth Amboy, NJ for: Massachusetts Residence, Boston, MA
* Residential Interior/Exterior: United Marble Fabricators, Inc., Watertown, MA for: „Bar with a View”, Boston, MA
* Renovation/Restoration: Walker Zanger, Perth Amboy, NJ for: Fashion Tower New York, New York, NY
Bath of the Year
* Walker Zanger, Sun Valley, CA for: 2014 Pasadena Showcase House, Pasadena, CA
Kitchen of the Year
* Tithof Tile & Marble, Northbrook, IL for: Private Residence, Lake Forest, IL
Pinnacle Awards of Merit
* Commercial Exterior: Dee Brown, Inc., Garland, TX for: Houston Museum of Natural Science, Houston, TX
* Commercial Exterior: Dee Brown, Inc., Garland, TX for: Tarrant County Civil Courthouse
Fort Worth, TX
* Commercial Exterior: Las Vegas Rock, Inc., Jean, NV
for: Mitchell Park Library, Palo Alto, CA
* Commercial Exterior: Eclad Limited, Dublin, Ireland for: Eaton House, Dublin, Ireland
* Commercial Exterior: PICCO Engineering, Concord, Ontario, Canada for: United Nations Memorial, Ark of Return, New York, NY
* Commercial Interior: PICCO Engineering, Concord, Ontario, Canada for: Canadian Museum of Human Rights, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
* Commercial Interior: Marmi Natural Stone, Norcross, GA for: Alston & Bird Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
* Commercial Interior: Kenneth Castellucci & Associates, Inc. , Lincoln, RI for: The New York Palace Hotel, New York, NY
* Commercial Interior: Grassi Pietre Srl, Nanto, VI, Italy for Zýmē Winery, Cariano, Italy
* Renovation/Restoration: Rugo Stone, LLC, Lorton, VA for: Cosmos Club Historic Fireplace Renovation, Washington, DC
* Renovation/Restoration: W.R. Weis Company, Inc., Chicago, IL for John Hancock Lobby Renovation, Chicago, IL
Sponsors of the 2015 Pinnacle Awards were: MAPEI (Commercial Awards), GranQuartz (Residential Awards), Coldspring (Renovation/Restoration Awards), Vitória Stone Fair/Marmomacc Latin America (Kitchen and Bath of the Year), and Marmomacc (Grande Pinnacle Award).
Download brochure with the winning projects
(11.02.2016, USA: 02.11.2016)